15th Jan 2005 - Galeon 1.3.19 "Is this what you have been waiting for?"
So, it's been rather longer than we might have hoped since the last release, but what better way to bring in the new year than a new release? Most of the changes are small touches which should make for a better overall experience. We've also finally got a fully functional myportal for the first time in the 1.3.x series
For those on the bleeding edge, you can now compile and run Galeon against Firefox or Thunderbird, but it's not a completely perfect experience yet; with Firefox, type-ahead-find doesn't work and to get a decent browsing experience out of Thunderbird you'll need to do a custom build that adds in a bunch of extensions they leave out by default, particularly 'wallet', 'cookie' and 'typeaheadfind'.
- Works with mozilla 1.7 -> 1.7.5, 1.8a3 -> 1.8a6 and trunk
(Note that there's a bug in 1.8a6 that prevents it working with galeon if mozilla is compiled by FC3's gcc or gcc cvs. This is fixed in trunk.)
- Try and stop the page from stealing focus from the location bar
- Make the location bar turn yellow for secure sites
- Myportal overhaul, including clickable folder headers, and working file urls
- Fix cookie preferences
- Allow compilation against FireFox libs (no type-ahead-find though)
- Allow compilation against Thunderbird libs (requires custom thunderbird build with extra components)
- Launch urls opened from the command line in a new tab if a galeon window is on the current workspace
- Encode smart bookmarks better, so they work when the substituion is in the path portion of the url
- Use the iso-codes package if it is available for language names
- Lots of other bug fixes