27th November 2005 - Galeon 2.0
Yes, the day is finally upon us. As I promised when I announced
our future development plans, here's the actual Galeon 2.0 release.
Its' been about 3 years and 8 months since work began on the 1.3.x
development series and it's been unofficially stable for about half
that time - so this acknowledgement of that fact is well past due.
As such, we have another modest changelog:
2.0.0 "One for the road."
- Works with mozilla 1.7.5+, 1.8a3 and up; Firefox 1.0.x and 1.5
- Embedded http error message pages. (If mozilla support them)
- Security Device Manager button in security prefs.
- Delete key works in Personal Data Manager.
- Support for multimedia keyboard keys like Back and Forward.
- Other bug fixes.
The big item is really compatibility with firefox 1.5 (assuming
they don't do anything silly in the next couple of days...).
I'll repeat my assurance that this doesn't mean we're just stopping
galeon development cold; it's going to be quite a while before enough
work has been completed to make epiphany my primary browser so, if
nothing else, expect to see periodic releases that keep it compiling
against newer mozilla releases. You might even see a bug fix or two.